My Dubai wedding flowers
So I am back with my weekly blog post and this time I am on the hunt for my wedding flowers. If you want me to be honest, I have found deciding/choosing what wedding flowers I want to be a real task.
In my head I have a vision, but I can’t seem to find images or the correct way to express exactly what that vision is. I am useless in knowing what flowers are what, what’s in season and what isn’t, but I’m learning as I go. I do know the following.
- I hate the uniform, one colour look and am not keen on traditional roses.
- My over all wedding colour scheme is various shades of pink, garden green, silver/grey, whites and aqua blue.
- I don’t want fake flowers
- I can’t stand tear drop bouquets or ball bouquets
- I want a wild, English garden feel and I love pinks, garden greens and wild, rustic flowers.
- I want lots if candles, accessories, a simple but beautiful arch and lanterns.
- I want some unique elements, designed, created by myself
- I know where I need the flowers i.e.: the tables, bouquets, chill out area, arch, etc.
- I will make my own confetti.
- I don’t want too many flowers imported, as I’m conscious of the environment and would rather local blooms or those easily available in this region.
So with that in mind, I have had two meetings with Vintage Bloom based in JLT and we will be visiting my wedding venue with them next week, so they have an idea of the space, the natural plants and blooms that my outdoor ceremony location has and will advise (on top of what I like) what they feel will compliment my theme and venue.
Vintage bloom had given me a tentative quote based on what we have discussed and they have been, so far, the most cost effective. I also absolutely love their work and feature it quite a lot on www.brideclubme.com and our face book fan page. They are fresh and modern and this is what I am looking for. I have had a few quotations from other florists and have totally blow them out of the window, as they are simply not within my budget range.
TIP: Don’t hedge around the cost with your florist. Be honest if you can’t afford much; it’ll help your florist look for cheaper but just as lovely alternatives early on.
I am not confirmed with Vintage bloom yet and will also be getting a quote from CONTEMPO soon, and will then make my decision based on price, style and my gut feeling. It’s good to shop around and get the right florist for you.
So, now I feel I am really making some leeway with my wedding, once the flowers are confirmed most of the big tasks are out of the way and I can start enjoying my DIY projects, choosing music, table stationery, writing vows, buying accessories, etc.
I will update you all on how my visit to the venue went with Vintage bloom and let you know who I have decided to go with, I want to make my decision by next weekend.
Next up, confirming our menu at the venue.
Ciao for now
NOTE: For a list of florists and wedding vendors in the UAE visit www.brideclubme.com