Wedding Planning Update – The Past Week.
So, I am preparing to fly from the sandpit over to the rain pit that is London, lol. Adam and I will be there for a good 3 weeks, as we have a LOT to fit in and do during our stay, including a wedding, our UK stag and hen doo, our pre-wedding get-together, a college reunion and so on. I have been running around like a blue assed fly trying to do as much as possible (wedding wise), so I am not flustered and stressed when I return, time really does FLY BY.
In the past week I have taken mutli tasking to a new level (in amongst work and everything else) I have:
- Completed all our invitation inserts and envelopes ready to hand out to our Dubai guests this weekend and take with us to the UK in July. Click here to read more.
- Bought my wedding shoes – I was deliberating between Manolo Blahnik or Aruna Seth, so put a vote out to the Bride Club ME Fans. The MB’s won and I brought them at the MOE with a 30% discount in the sale, YAY!
- Confirmed a supplier who will design Adams personalized grooms men cufflinks and his Cufflinks (more about him later).
- I purchased four Bridesmaids gift boxes and two mini ones for our mums, I have been searching high and low trying to find exactly what I wanted and finally I found them yesterday at the Mall of EMIRATES, Dragon Mart have lots, but none of them suited my taste.
- Booked and met with our pet sitters Homely Petz who will come to our flat once a day and make sure our babies are fed, watered an played with. They have been awesome and I’ve read some great reviews about them. I really don’t want to put my boys in some cattery and distress them! TIP: If you have pets and are going away on honeymoon, consider a pet sitting service like Homely Petz.
- Sent our DJ our ‘tentative’ song request list and itinerary. Watch out for my post on confirming our DJ coming up later in the week.
- Confirmed a supplier for some of the furniture/decor at our wedding.
- Arranged site visit appointments with some key suppliers when I return from London.
I still have so much to do, such as source my bridal attire accessories, all my DIY which is planned to start late July, Adams grooms men suits, on the day wedding stationery, table plans (which we can only do once we have all RSVP’s), the day of itinerary and timings, Music during the ceremony and dinner and so on. My head hurts, argh!
I always STRESS that, unless you have a full time wedding planner (which I advise you to get if budget allows) PLAN EARLY and DO NOT leave things until the last minute, you would not believe the amount of emails I receive from stressed brides who have done just that. You really don’t want to end up being a future BRIDEZILLA!
Anyway, I’ve had a lovely day today up at the Park Hyatt hotel on Saadiyat Island, they had their wedding showcase event today and www.brideclubme.com were the official online media partners. One of my besties here is getting married there two weeks before my wedding, so I was sending her lots of lovely images, which made her really happy, as she was unable to attend. I’m also her bridesmaid, so I’m being dutiful, he-he.
I’m off to bed now, as it’s my darlings 30th B ’day 2 moro and we are having a good old English roast with our besties. Back soon for more updates.
Ciao for now