What to get your girls as a token of appreciation- Bridesmaid gift inspiration.
Hi there fellow Brides-to-be,
I am just back from a short but sweet trip to Sri Lanka. I decided to take my fiancée there as his engagement present and for us to kill two birds with one stone and go visit our wedding venue and wedding planner at the same time. I will create a separate post regarding this, with pictures and updates J
For now, please allow me to suggest some gifts for your beautiful bridesmaids and maid of honor. I will not showcase my personal choice on here, as I don’t want my girls finding out, but below are some fun and creative options for you to consider yourself.
It is customary to honor your bridesmaids for their participation in your wedding with a gift of appreciation. Traditional gifts include a piece of jewelry such as earrings or a necklace that complements their bridesmaids dress and can be worn on the wedding day, but many bridesmaids will truly appreciate a more unique gift idea. With careful consideration you may be able to give your bridesmaids gifts that show your appreciation for their assistance and also demonstrate that you understand their personality as well.
- A photo album complete with a picture of you and the bridesmaid or the entire wedding party can be a unique gift idea for the bridesmaids. You could purchase photo albums with the date of your wedding engraved on the front cover and start the photo album with a picture of you and the bridesmaid. This is a wonderful gift idea because the bridesmaid can place her photos from the wedding day in the album and will always have a precious souvenir from your wedding day.
- Gift certificates to a spa or a salon also make unique gift ideas for your bridesmaids. Your bridesmaids most likely spent a great deal of time and energy in helping you to plan your wedding. The week prior to your wedding was also probably especially hectic with a great deal of last minute details to attend to and errands to run. While you will have your honeymoon to relax and renew your energy your bridesmaids do not have this luxury so by honoring them by presenting them with a gift certificate to a spa or salon you are giving them the gift or being pampered and the gift of relaxation.
- A few more unique gift ideas for your bridesmaids’ gifts include handcrafted or homemade gifts. For example you could put together a CD of some of your bridesmaids’ favorite songs. You could make the CDs different for each bridesmaid and include a photo of the two of you on the cover – Cheesy, I know, but cute all the same.
- You could also create a scrapbook for each of your bridesmaids. You could either make the scrapbook a memory of your entire friendship together and include photos and other items from your various adventures throughout the years or if you plan ahead and take many photos documenting your wedding preparations, you could create scrapbooks as a remembrance of the wedding planning that you shared.
- Another unique gift idea for a bride to give to her bridesmaids is a gift certificate to a local restaurant. Assisting in your wedding preparations was probably extremely stressful and time consuming for the bridesmaids and they certainly deserve a night on the town and the opportunity to not have to cook for a night. This simple gift lets your bridesmaids know that you appreciate their efforts and that you want to thank them for all that they have done to support you.
- Unique gift ideas for the bridesmaids can also stem from the wedding theme. For example if you are having a beach themed wedding you might want to give your bridesmaids a gift of a tote bag, a beach towel and a novel to enjoy on the beach. This unique gift idea ensures that your bridesmaids will remember your wedding fondly the next time they are at the beach.
I hope the above, allows for some inspiration and remember there are no rules, you may very well want to give small token gifts such as scented candles or you may have a group of girls who love heavy metal, there for treating all of you to a concert may be the best present ever. Also, keep in mind budget, some brides may want to splash out, others may want to save pennies and go for D.I.Y gifts, which always go down well.
Ciao for now….